Feeding and Care of the Horse by Lon D. Lewis
Make 4 interest-free payments of $11.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Feeding and Care of the Horse, second edition
The Complete Horse Care Book - including full-color coverage of toxic plant poisonings.
Feeding and Care of the Horse is an essential reference for anyone training, treating, breeding or owning horses. Dr. Lewis, a widely recognized veterinary researcher, teacher, and consultant on equine nutrition and care, has condensed his highly-acclaimed textbook - Equine Clinical Nutrition, Feeding and Care - into this indispensable guide to all aspects of horse care. You'll find:
- Characteristics, pros, cons and use of feeds and supplements
- Maximising pasture benefits
- Money-saving advice on nutrition, care and management
- Strategies for the prevention and treatment of diseases
- Vital information on growth, reproduction, old age and care during weather extremes and for athletic or show performance
- Unique, full-color coverage of 79 poisonous plants
- New data on developmental bone disease
- Practical guide for housing, bedding, fencing, and record keeping
- Specific management for behavior, foot, teeth, hair coat and parasite problems
- Over 100 descriptive tables and illustrations
- An extensive glossary
In this handy volume, Dr. Lewis provides everything you need to know about quality, cost-effective horse management and care.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Horsemans Trading Post users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.