Learn the fine art of presenting your horse in showmanship classes.
This is the sngle horse show class where the handler-not the horse-is judged, and is rapidly becoming one of the most popular of horse show clasess. With this step-by-step approach, even the greenest novice will soon be showing competitively!
Laurie Truskauskas currently resides in Athens, Texas, where she owns and operates Silver Creek Farm, training and showing horses for numerous clients. She has published two other books and contributed numerous articles to horse magazines, including Western Horseman, Quarter Horse Journal, Horse and Horseman, The Western Horse, Paint Horse Journal and others. She also teaches horsemanship at the community college in Athens.
- Twenty things you need to know to score high in Showmanship Classes
- Four factors that make for a winning presentation
- Six basic patterns you can practice
- Three key things to consider when selecting a horse for showmanship
- Why clothing and accessories can make or break your presentation
- How to put winning touches into your show grooming
- The quarter method and how to master it
- How to train your horse the six basic maneuvers
- Ten ways to enhance your patterns
- The five factors that make your showmanship horse look his absolute best
- How to braid and band manes with perfection
- How to select and fit the right tack and what tools to buy
- Key facts you must know about how classes are scored
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Horsemans Trading Post users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.