Horses, it has been said, can be divided into three groups: those that have been lame, those that are lame, and those that will be lame. Few topics are of such universal interest to horse people.
Here, in a single source, are all the topics that relate to this important subject:
- You, your vet and your farrier
- The structure and function of the horse
- The anatomy and physiology of the foot
- Hoof care
- Equine locomotion
- Conformation (especially as it relates to lameness)
- Lameness: symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
Plus, two at-a-glance charts to help narrow the possibilities when confronted with a problem.
An excellent introduction to this important topic, this book belongs on every tack room's bookshelf!